Roofs are the one time investment if you are constructing your house or the office space. Roofs should be maintained properly to increase the lifetime and reduce the expenses that you get periodically due to the roofs damage. Here lets see some smart ways of cleaning the roofs, maintaining it properly and increasing the lifetime of it.
Mostly the roofs get damaged due to the growth of the mosses and algae in it. Though it may look like small amount of rough growth on the surface of the roof initially, If you leave as it is, then it may grow to huge amount in no time. This will start damaging the roofs and may damage the tiles which is held on the roofs. These mosses will lead to rough water patches in the inside of the surface of the walls.
How to avoid algae growth in the roofs?
- Trimming the tree branches near the roofs and making the sunlight to fall on the roofs will make sure that the algae or the moss growth is reduced. Make sure that the dry leaves from the branches wont fall on the roofs.
- Always maintain your gutters clean, this will make the rain water to flow freely from the roof through the downpipes. Mostly the roofs gets damaged due to the clogged waters and the other dust particles. Proper gutter maintenance will make the water to flow freely down the pipes leaving the dry roofs.
- Just step out of the roofs weekly once or twice in a month and inspect them. If you find any small growth of the debris or the algae in the roof, just remove it immediately. Letting them as it is will make the algae to grow abundantly and damage the roof surface.
- Also, walk on the roof only if it is necessary. Dont just step in to the roofs more frequently as it may damage the tiles which is held on the top of the roofs. Keep the roofs free from moisture. The algae grows in the roof only if there is some moisture left on the roofs. Hence keep the roofs exposed to sunlight.
- Make sure that the tiles are tightly held on its position. If you found any loose tiles on the roofs, replace it immediately or take the necessary action to make the tiles held tight in its place. Loose tiles will make the water to enter into it causing some water patches on the top of the roof.
- If you notice any water patches from the inside of the roofs, then you should call the professional roof cleaning team immediately to inspect the roofs and replace it avoiding the water patches in the future.
- Broken tiles should be replaced regularly to avoid the water patches on the roof surface. Starting as a small water patch in the roofs, it will grow big in no time. Hence necessary action should be taken immediately to avoid the roof damage.
These are some of the roof maintenance tips which you should follow to keep your roofs clean and also increase the lifetime of the roofs.
Why you need to hire the professionals for roof cleaning?
When there are abundant amount of mosses and algae found on the roof, then its very tough to clean them single handedly. Hence you can hire the professionals in these cases to clean the roofs and inspect them to ensure everything is fine with the roofs. Hiring professionals will make them use the different cleaning techniques like pressure washing to clean the roofs.
Professional roof Clearance Company like Cleaned With Care Ltd has the experienced professionals who have vast experience in cleaning the roofs and maintaining it properly. If you hire the professionals, they will use the advanced equipment to reach to the top of the roof and clean it fine without any hustle. They also know the right ways to remove the different kinds of stuffs from the roof in a smooth way. Its not about only cleaning, it should be done in a way by without damaging the roofs and the tiles held in it. Hence to make sure that everything is done in a perfect way, professionals should be hired to keep the roofs clean.